Sunday 17 February 2013

Ask A Stupid Question

The other day I asked the Girl what she wanted to be when she grew up. Usually the answer to this is;

"A vet."

Sometimes with the caveat;

"A cat vet."

However, she seems to have changed her mind because this time she said;

"A man."

And the Boy served only to compound the issue by saying;

"Like Julia Donaldson?"

Ironically enough a friend of mine recently posted on Twitter that she'd received spam from a doctor that claimed he would help make her a man. That struck me as a rather niche form of clientele to be targeting via spam, but given the Girl's answer, the demand is clearly bigger than I had given credit for.

The moral of these loose ramblings is that asking your kids questions is at best futile;

"What did you do at school today, Boy?"

"Dunno."

"What do you want for dinner?"

*Shrug*

"What's YOUR NAME?"

"Er... Mummy?"

Or fraught with misunderstanding;

"School want you to draw something that goes up and down in a playground. What are you going to draw, Girl?"

"Knickers!"

Clearly a progressive school...

Most often though, you just get an answer that makes you wish you hadn't asked the question in the first place.

"Dad, I need some cream."

"Are you itchy, Girl?"

"Yes. On my noo noo."

Not that I mind, it's all a bit of a cabaret. Especially when you compare it to the Boy dancing naked on the landing, spanking his bare arse and singing "Should I stay or should I go" by the Clash. Or shooting my glasses off my face with a Nerf gun from the other side of the house. Three times in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, feel free to comment - whether its praise or criticism.

I will ignore the criticism though.