Monday 25 June 2012

The Gift That Keeps on Giving...

Here's a short story.

On Saturday the Kids and I went over to my Ma's address, as we often do. Whilst we were there the Girl said that she wanted to make a present for the Wife, and drew her a picture and wrapped it up in another piece of paper. I didn't get to see the picture she'd drawn because I was busy failing to teach the Boy to take penalties in the back garden (meaning he's likely to play left-back for England at some point). When we returned home I forgot to get the "present" out of the car. The next day we decided to go out to the coast and as she was strapping the Girl into her seat the Wife found the little ball of paper.. As I pulled out the driveway the Wife opened it up saying;

"Is it a picture, Girl?."
"Yeah."
"Did you draw it?"
"Yeah."
"Oh wow! It's brilliant... er..."

and then burst into laughter. The Boy piped up.

"I really like it because she's drawn the horse doing a poo and a wee!"

I slowed to let a car past, and it was then the Wife turned the picture round and showed me this, which caused me to narrowly avoid driving into a parked car.

Cheval Avec Merde - By Girl Aged 3 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, feel free to comment - whether its praise or criticism.

I will ignore the criticism though.